Auto-enrolment plugin

Auto-enrolment plugin

by Karl Randau -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I'm trying to use the auto-enrolment plugin but am a bit confused. I expect it to add something to the course login page, so that if you don't have an account you can create one by giving your email address etc. Like you usually create an account on webpages. But that doesn't happen. So then, how does the plugin work, and how does it facilitate enrolment?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Randau

Re: Auto-enrolment plugin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You are mixing up enrolment with authentication.  Authentication is the method used to register people with the moodle site and create accounts.  Enrolment is for adding users to courses.  You would add the auto enrolment method to a specific course and then all users would automatically be enrolled in that course.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You mean this one?  https://moodle.org/plugins/view/enrol_auto

Have you set your Moodle site up to allow new users to create accounts? Email-based self-registration ? The plugin does do what you want  but I haven't personally configured it I'm afraid, so can't help more.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Karl Randau -

Yeah right I mixed those things up.

Thanks guys, it works!

Kalle