It was a multi-step process.
Initially, I tried to link the video using the "Link" button in the Menu bar. When the video was displayed, it had several things I do not want.
Then, I learned to do the following.
1. To get the video to display the way I need it (no title, byline, etc.); in Vimeo, I had to set the video to Private, open each video and go to "Show Options" and remove the tick marks for the settings I do not want.
2. Then I had to copy the URL code for the video.
3. I return to Moodle, open the chapter in edit mode.
4. Using the menu bar, I went into HTML mode.
5. Located the place where I wanted to embed the Vimeo URL code and pasted it.
6. Had to make some further editing of the Vimeo URL code to remove additional stuff I do not want.
Let me know how else I may assist.
(p.s. I reported the "403" error msg. to Vimeo. They wish to contact you (or Juan/Fred) directly to resolve the issue. Is there a way they may do so?)