Add a new link next to "Add an activity or resource", possible?

Add a new link next to "Add an activity or resource", possible?

by Florian Grassl -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

Ok not sure I can explain this really well, so I figured I make a screenshot and edit it a little bit to show what I want:

New link next to "Add an activity or resource"

So, when you're in editing mode, you have the link to Add an activity or resource and when you click it get that popup to add said activity or resource.

Is it possible for a plugin to put it's own link next to that, like in my doctored screenshot, that then starts this plugin?

If you have a  link to a plugin that does something like this would probably be enough, so I can look at code and see how they do it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Florian Grassl

Re: Add a new link next to "Add an activity or resource", possible?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What is your plugin that makes it different from adding an activity or a resource? So that it would need its own link? Just asking smile

And it is worth remembering too that when the activity chooser is off, there is not one link as in your screenshot,  but two dropdown menus.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Florian Grassl -

Yes, the whole idea is that it's not there when the activity chooser is off.

What it does, is that it's sort of a modified version of the Import function, with much less choices available, etc. That's how it's needed for where we want to use it.

I want to dock it onto the different sections directly, not the course in general. Adding it as an activity is a fallback plan, that we'll use if we can't get it to work otherwise, but having it down there next to the activity picker would be ideal.

In reply to Florian Grassl

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah thanks for clarifying - I am sorry I can't help you with that as I am not a programmer but I was just curious. By "activity chosoer off" I didn't mean the editing off, I mean if people have chosen not to use the activity chooser with its single link but instead to use the older equivalent of the two separate dropdown menus "add an activity" and "add a resource" instead - you would presumably have to locate it somewhere for them too so they get the same functionality.