Can a user who's not enrolled view the response relating to him/her?

Can a user who's not enrolled view the response relating to him/her?

by cloud cui -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I would like to achieve this kind of scenario: 

Person A fills a questionnaire for Person B, with B's name stored somewhere. Apparently A has to be enrolled in the course to fill the questionnaire, but B's not because he does not have the access. However, I would like B to be able to view the ones filled for him. And additionally there might be a Person C who's in a higher level of A, but not necessarily enrolled in the course neither, also wants to view, as well as edit the questionnaires.

Is this achievable?

I tried to play around with the permission, but didn't seem to be very helpful. 

Is there a way of achieving this via a url, like, different url for people of different level, so they can see different things?

If nothing works, I guess I will have to copy the "Your response" page style over to a separate page, to avoid the permission thing?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to cloud cui

Re: Can a user who's not enrolled view the response relating to him/her?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

You are right.  If someone does not have access to the course they can not see a questionnaire filled out in that course.  Your basic scenario in Moodle will not work (well at least not in a standard install).

I assume we are talking about 1 questionnaire link in a specific Moodle Course.  I also assume Person B filled out a paper questionnaire and Person A entered it via the course's questionnaire link.   I assume Person C reviews all the questionnaires entered via the link.    I assume Person B should not be able to see any other filled out questionnaires except "their own".

I can think of someways to allow Person C access to the course but only be able to view questionnaires.  Person A would have to log on as Person B and then Person B login to see what "someone else entered for them". 

Person A might create a PDF of the form after it was filled out and get it to Person B.  I think this was something like your "if nothing else" solution.     You can export questionnaire results, then use another program to sort things out by using the questionnaire fields. 

Chris

Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Can a user who's not enrolled view the response relating to him/her?

by cloud cui -

Hi Chris, 

Thanks a lot for your response. Your assumptions are all correct, these are exactly what I want to do. But since by default, this cannot be achieved, the easiest way of getting this feature out is to create a separate page, for viewing and editing.

Thank you !

Cloud