Drawing student details into certificate

Drawing student details into certificate

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I currently have a course running for Commercial Tour Operators to complete in order to operate on certain land.

What wish to do is have the Tour operators company name on the certificate, as well as the student who took the course.

Is there a way to draw this in using the "custom field text" ie. - replacing "Commercial Operators Licence Name" text. Perhaps using php?

<strong>Commercial Operations Licence name</strong><br /><br />

<em style="color:#999999;size:80%;">

*This certificate doesn't constitutive a Parks and Wildlife commercial<br />

operation licence issued under part 7 of the <br />

Conservation and Land Management Regulations 2002</em>?

When the certificate is produced it looks like this.

Any assistance would be fantastic

Kind Regards

Leticia

Attachment certificate_request_moodle_namefield.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Drawing student details into certificate

by Floyd Saner -

Leticia,

You can highly customize text in a Certificate, but best results are obtained by modifying the certificate.php code and placing that in a separate type folder in the Moodle certificate code area. I do that quite frequently, but it requires access to the Moodle source code.  The problem with just placing the text in the custom text area is that you have no control over placement of the text on the certificate.

You have two other options:

1. Create a custom border image and upload that to the certificate background in the Certificate module settings.  Everything else in the certificate gets overlaid on that image.  I use Adobe Photoshop to create a custom 'border' image that includes logos, text, images, etc.  I then save that as a jpg file and upload it to the certificate.  The problem with adding text via this method is that the text is not quite as sharp as text that is inserted via php code.

2. Use the Simple Certificate plugin instead of Certificate. You can highly customize this certificate without having access to the Moodle source code files.

Regards,

Floyd