Essential Theme : Site jumbled up

Essential Theme : Site jumbled up

by Sushil Khatter -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am using essential theme. Till yesterday it was fine but today the site looks jumbled up.

Here is the link

http://www.thecareerschoolonline.com/login/index.php

I am not technical but trying to build a concept with noodle.

Please help

Regards

Sushil

Attachment Career school site.png1.png1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sushil Khatter

Re: Essential theme error ,site jumbled up

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I can't see anything wrong.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gareth, though Sushil's site working fine now, have you noticed another small issue?

http://www.thecareerschoolonline.com/mod/page/view.php?id=43

As soon as the downward arrow appears, menu bar overlaps the header area. Now it may not appear at your end as you may be using a wider screen, but I have experienced on 1280 wide screen.

Attached  Screenshot

In reply to Usman Asar

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Nothing much I can do about that, as the navbar is a fixed element detached from the flow of the page, thus I'd have to write some JS to get the height of the navbar and then alter the heading top padding accordingly.  But that solution would only be responsive if then reacted to the window resize event and recalculated.....  so as Mary suggests, remove the amount of items on the menu bar so that it's one line.

Additional, removing 'pull-left' from 'nav-collapse collapse' seems to help a bit but not by much.  And the padding on '.navbar .nav>li>a' could be reduced.

Something for another day.

In reply to Sushil Khatter

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well clearly you have too many items in the menu so unless you reduce them then the only way is to add some @media css rules to govern your screen widths when viewing your site on smaller screens.