SCORM quiz shows marked answers on subsequent attempts

SCORM quiz shows marked answers on subsequent attempts

by Francesco Petrone -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I have a  very annoying issue.  The SCORM quiz shows some answers already marked from the second attempt on.  The higher the number of attemps, the higher is the probability to have all the answers marked.

I use Snap! by Trivantis as authoring tool. The SCORM is a Flash swf object.

Moodle 2.8.5 build 20150310

Actions taken:

Purged all cache & browser cache, changed browser, Force New Attempt (so it never goes in review mode). I have tried "Display package in Current window" and also New window.

Modded swf "param movie" and "embed src" by appending a js   variable containing the timestamp (e.g.  "course001.swf?stamp=1438336084485" ).

No way...

The support says that it is not related to their product.

Please help. I do not know what else to try.

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francesco Petrone

Re: SCORM quiz shows marked answers on subsequent attempts

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Francesco,
you should activate the API logging to see if the content requests for some data, but starting with a new attempt will create an empty room with no access to the data of a previous attempt so I'm guessing that the data is stored in a cookie, locally to the browser of the user.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Francesco Petrone -

Hi Matteo,

many thanks for the reply. However, I have cleaned up everything in the browser between one attempt and another (cache, history, cookies, passwords..).  Even more, if I log in into a different computer for the first time and I start from there a new attempt with my moodle user, the answers are already marked.

This means a lot to me and demonstrates that the trouble is on the server side, I guess.

Any idea?

Thanks

Francesco

by Francesco Petrone -

Hello again,

at the end of this looong day I solved all my issues by simply changing product. It was definitely a product related issue.

all the best

Francesco

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Francesco,
thanks for the update.
Do you mean that it was a content issue and not a Moodle one?

TIA,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Francesco Petrone -

Hi Matteo,

yes absolutely  it was not a Moodle issue.

It was the Snap! authoring tool (licensed, not trial). I have replaced it with another product (licensed as well), generated the SCORM zip package and it worked immediately  fine without the caching issue.

Snap! is a cheap software but a no-go indeed.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards

Francesco