Moodle keeps hanging / freezing

Re: Moodle keeps hanging / freezing

de către Marcus Green-
Număr de răspunsuri: 1
Fotografia lui Core developers Fotografia lui Particularly helpful Moodlers Fotografia lui Plugin developers Fotografia lui Testers

Yes its a subtle but important difference. At the risk of further advice on terminology, can you confirm you disabled Javascript rather than Java. Java is rarely used for anything and certainly not in Moodle. 

Things that might cause a performance issue with javascript is if a resource (e.g. RSS or other block), is making a call to an external site which is horribly slow.   Another example is if you have MathJax using an external Content Delivery Network that is horribly slow. That last scenario is very unlikely but it is the sort of thing that can cause problems.

Can you also confirm your setup, e.g. is it plain MysQL on some kind of Linux with Apache, or have you got SQL Server running on QNX with raspberry PI hardware on a clustered back end running on a distributed OCFS file system (exotic and absurd example there but you get the picture)

Media aprecierilor:Useful (1)
Ca răspuns la Marcus Green

Re: Moodle keeps hanging / freezing

de către Jamie Muir-

No no, I appreciate the advice! And totally get the need to be specific. I checked and it was definitely Javascript I disabled in Chrome's settings.

I've pasted both you and Visvanath's questions to our Dev + IT teams and they've responded with the following. Is this enough to go on?

Dedicated Virtual Machine
Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit
4GB RAM
80Gb
SQL Server 2012 accessed on external machine Apache webserver 2.4.12 PHP Version 5.4.37

Not sure how much detail you require from the physical hardware that this vm is a guest on but here is some initial specs which should suffice:-UCSB-B200-M3 (cisco blade within cisco ucs chassis).
Intel(R) Xeon (R) cpu E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz.
Host has 262GB RAM
20 x cpu's
VMware vSphere is the visualization platform.

Thanks again,

Jamie