Essential theme quiz feedback colours are not accessible

Essential theme quiz feedback colours are not accessible

by Tracey Collins -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

We are using Moodle v2.8 with Essential theme v2.8.1.5 (Build: 2015040900). 

We have noticed that the feedback provided to students in a quiz is not accessible to students who have low vision due to the low contrast between the foreground and background colours.

Contrast warning on quiz feedback screen.

Could the contrast be improved within the plugin, by changing the default colour of the text to a darker tone, or could someone please let me know what I should include in my custom css to change the font colour for the quiz feedback?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tracey Collins

Re: Essential theme quiz feedback colours are not accessible

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes the colours need to be improved.  If I can replicate, I'll classify as a bug, fix it and release a new version.  I don't know the CSS yet.  As the styles are taken from the quiz module, what does it look like in the Clean theme please?  What are the values for your Essential colour settings please?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

by Gareth J Barnard -

So general workaround CSS for this specific case would be along the lines of:

.que .formulation, .que .outcome, .que .comment { color: #000; }

by Gareth J Barnard -

Interestingly, BS3 has changed this: https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/master/less/variables.less#L507-L508.

For Essential I've raised: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/issues/514 to remind me!

For Moodle, I've raised: MDL-50869 which I intend to implement.

This is how it looks after applying the colour change:

Attachment 2015-07-17 19_26_42-A quiz.jpg

by Tracey Collins -

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for looking into this so quickly. 

Tracey