How to unhide a column in Assignments grid view, ver 2.9?

How to unhide a column in Assignments grid view, ver 2.9?

by Perry Way -
Number of replies: 7

One of our teachers clicked on the hide icon on a column in the Assignments view in the grid. The column she clicked on to hide was the student name. She is now having a hard time trying to grade assignments without the student's name smile I thought there was a way to unhide the columns but in our ver 2.9 there is seemingly no way to unhide a column. I logged in as her and could not find a way to reset that setting. But maybe we both have overlooked something. Does anyone know how to unhide a column that has been hidden?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Perry Way

Re: How to unhide a column in Assignments grid view, ver 2.9?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What do you mean by "grid view" and have you tried with a different theme? I have gone to a course on the School demo site here http://school.demo.moodle.net/mod/assign/view.php?id=715&action=grading

That's a direct link to the assignment grading screen - log in with the username teacher and password moodle and you should get straight there. I clicked the minus to hide the fullname and then I clicked the plus to reveal it again and it worked as expected. Could you explain more where your teacher is looking?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Perry Way -

What I meant about grid view is what shows up when you click on "View/Grade all submissions". What I meant was tabular and tend to be really lazy and equate tabular with grid even though there were no lines denoting a grid. smile

I tried your demo and see a plus and a minus and you can hide and unhide the column but it looks like the Aardvark theme does not have a plus or minus but instead it has an "up" icon but no "down" icon. I don't know how to get that icon to show. 

In reply to Perry Way

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Click on the PLUS sign - if you don't have one, it must be a theme issue.  Change course to Clean theme and it should appear as the picture above.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Perry Way -

I can't change themes. This is a live site with thousands of students. With both of you ladies suggestions, I discovered the link to turn the column visibility back on again by examination of the HTML markup. So I'm good now. I just don't know why the Aardvark theme has disallowed that icon from showing.

In reply to Perry Way

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would put a post in the themes forum. Not sure is lf aardvark is compatible with 2.9. You can actually change the theme just in the course quickly if needed and then switch back.

In reply to Perry Way

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think that those images are added via the theme/aardvark/pix_core/t directory.

You could try removing those triangular arrow icons and allowing Moodle to add the default ones.

Cheers

Mary