is there any shop module for moodle?

is there any shop module for moodle?

by Hamed Azimi -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'm using moodle 2.9 and I want to add shop as an activity to a course (or even as a place for all the site) so that teacher be able to sale product and students be able to buy them.

I found it: http://edulabs.org/moodle-software-design/moodle-module/moodle-shop

but its not opening any page in github!

Appreciated if you help me find a module for this need.

Best Regards,

Hamed

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hamed Azimi

Re: is there any shop module for moodle?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The github link opened for me but this module has not been updated in 2 years so I would definitely make sure that you are backed up fully before trying it.

I would recommend just setting up a shop on another website and then just linking to it from your Moodle courses.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hamed Azimi -
Hi Emma,

You are right. It just opened but is not what I need (There isn't any way to add product and no way to users to but them)
Do you mean I install other shopping system? (I have Woocommerce installed) and try to sale on it? (is there any free and open source module to integrate moodle and woocommerce? if not and I should pay for it, which is the best in your opinion?)

Best,
Hamed
In reply to Hamed Azimi

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not an expert on shopping carts but I know that Joomla has a Moodle single sign on plugin called Joomdle that will work with Hikashop and maybe some others shopping cart modules too.  It will take a bit of work to set all up but probably worth it in the long run.  You can set up the whole Joomla/Hikashop/Moodle implementation for free.