Version 2.9 issues

Version 2.9 issues

by Maureen Phillips -
Number of replies: 5

I teach and design college English courses using Moodle. Since the 2.9 upgrade I've had a number of problems. I was completely irritated by the new floating Save icon, which appears directly in the way of anything I'm trying to read! Worse than this, the scroll bar at the bottom of my grade book roster disappears for no reason, as does the "next-previous page" functionality. It's virtually impossible for me to monitor my students' progress if I can't properly read the grader report. Tech Support through Learning House has been unable to determine why this is happening. I'm using Firefox and have checked to make sure I have the latest version and add-ons. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maureen Phillips

Re: Version 2.9 issues

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I wonder if your organisation is using a custom theme which perhaps is not working correctly with 2.9? I am not sure what you mean by the new floating Save icon - could you explain more please?
In reply to Maureen Phillips

by Just H -
"Floating save" sounds like you're theme is possibly Essential? If so, there isn't a stable Essential release compatible with Moodle 2.9 yet. (Not sure but BCU may have the floating save too as it was based on an old version of Essential.)

Bottom line, without further specifics, as in exact version of Moodle, theme used and exact version of theme with preferably screenshots of the issues then not easy for people to give specific help ... crystal balls are a rarity nowadays big grin
In reply to Just H

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sounds like Essential.  Screen shots of the issue would be helpful as well as versions of theme and Moodle as Just H states.

Floating save in Essential came after BCU was developed.  BCU theme has elements of Essential but is not based on Essential as far as I am aware.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Just H -
Yes, I just had a look at the plugin page as I haven't played with BCU since it was first released, so much seemed like Essential I thought it was a fork from an old version but just bit's and bobs from a few themes from the looks of it "Ideas and code taken from other themes notably Essential, Elegance, Simple and other New School Learning themes (commercial)" ... and that "just" not meant in any way derogatory big grin Also noted the official thanks for your input too Gareth.