Size of Video

Size of Video

by Michael Dörnbrack -
Number of replies: 6

I have embedded a video on my moodle website which works well. But when I access this course via moodle mobile the video appears in too big a size. Is there a way that moodle mobile reduces the size so that the video has just the right size when I watch it witn moodle mobile (android).

Thanks for your help!

Michael Doernbrack

Germany

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Dörnbrack

Re: Size of Video

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Michael,

have you tried using width attributes in the embedded code? I'm not sure if that works though

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Michael Dörnbrack -

Hi Juan,

I used the following code:

<div class="video-container"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/px5taGS1G7Q" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="854"></iframe></div>

That works very well when I access the moodle site with a regular internet app on my smart phone but when I want to watch the video from the moodle mobile app the problem is still the same.

Michael

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we just released Moodle Mobile 2 (is available for Android and in review for iOs) so maybe you should try to update the app and try again.

I think that it will be fixed for this new version

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Michael Dörnbrack -

Hi Juan,

thank you for the time you take for this. I updated moodle mobile 2 the other day. But unfortunately the problem is still the same.  

Greetings,

Michael

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Michael,

can you try this code?

<div class="video-container"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/px5taGS1G7Q" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="854" style="max-width: 100%"></iframe></div>

Regards, Juan