Making admin to confirm the unrollment from a course on request from student

Making admin to confirm the unrollment from a course on request from student

by ganesh kumar -
Number of replies: 2

Dear all, 

I want to make students request for unenrollment from the course and then admin can approve that.Student has also to specify the reason why he wants t unenroll. In moodle,User can directly unenroll from course without admin approval .Can any one explain how to do this.?

Thanks && Regards

Ganesh Kumar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ganesh kumar

Re: Making admin to confirm the unrollment from a course on request from student

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Currently (my understanding) if a user self-enrols, by default they can self-unenrol. However, you could always set up a different enrolment mechanism such as external database and then they would have to apply to the administrator to be removed from that external database.

You could also check out the capabilities, which I think in this case is something like enrol/manual:unenrolself, and remove that capability from your students.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Making admin to confirm the unrollment from a course on request from student

by ganesh kumar -

Thankyou Richard Oelmann for your response.

If capability  enrol/manual:unenrolself is removed, then there will be no option for student to unenroll from course. But requirement is to make that

1) Student can request for unenrollment from the course.

2)Admin can approve or reject the request.

Right now moodle capability is 

1)If student is permitted to unenroll from course ,then student can directly unenrolled from course without admin approval