Quiz Module Needs Upgrading (problem workaround - not a solution - still need help)

Quiz Module Needs Upgrading (problem workaround - not a solution - still need help)

by Jason Hollowell -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If you can't figure out why your Moodle upgrade (1.4 to 1.5.2 in my case) has stopped with the following message:

Quiz Module Needs Upgrading

and with no error message beyond that and you haven't been able to find anything here in the forums to help (I haven't been able to so far but I'm still hoping smile ) then here is a work around for you in the meantime.

I am a lowtech user who has to/had to ftp the entire Moodle folder to my server (possibly one of my problems?? but it worked fine for 1.4). When I couldn't get past the Quiz Module Needs Upgrading message, I connected via FTP to my server and deleted the Quiz module found in (moodle/mod). After doing that I accessed my moodle page and was able to login as the admin and the remaining components that needed to be installed were able to successfully installed. All of my data from 1.4 was still there so I guess my database was updated successfully as well. The only thing I can't do is use the Quiz module (since it's not there) and also cannot view data from any quizzes that were taken in the past. Temporarily this is acceptable for me as I don't use the Quiz mod much anyway and really needed Moodle to be back up and running even if it is not entirely functional.

Hope this helps and if you read this and know or have any idea what my problem might be I would/will be greatly appreciative of any advice or suggestions you might have.

Jason

P.S. I tried replacing the Quiz mod with the old one from 1.4 but alas I did not work. I can see in the browser version of phpmyadmin that the Quiz 'fields' are still present in my database.....can't figure out why Moodle won't install and or update/upgrade my Quiz mod with the Quiz mod that was included in 1.5???
Average of ratings: -