Moodle Mobile 2.0, first apk for testing (alpha version)

Moodle Mobile 2.0, first apk for testing (alpha version)

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 22
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

in the following link you will find an alpha version of the upcoming Moodle Mobile 2 (only for Android 4.1 and above).

In order to install it in your Android device, you have to go to Menu > Settings > Security and tick the box that says “Unknown Origins” or “Unknown Sources and then access the link and download the file using your phone.

I recommend you to disable again the "Unkown Origins" option once the app has been installed.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/a/moodle.com/file/d/0B0cGyQ_2ISQbQmJSeDZuYl82ODA/view

Features that are missing in this version:

• Tablet split view
  • Push notifications
  • Folder and file (resource) plugin
  • File uploads (iOs)
  • Remote layout/style customization
  • View other users grades

Please, let us know if you find any bug. Feedback is very wellcome.

Regards, Juan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle Mobile 2.0, first apk for testing (alpha version)

by Daniel Stockwell -

downloaded the apk, and installed on my nexus 7 along side the v1 app

logs into our live 2.6.10 and test 2.9+ sites fine. its nice to not have to type in the full http:// url now!

clearly the there is still more feature to implement/check in but the layout and navigation looks fine!

only minor issue I spotted at this point is a rendering issue with an "&" on the course section titles when looking at the "site files" section.

see attached png,

Dan Stockwell

Attachment Screenshot_2015-06-23-09-03-26.png
In reply to Daniel Stockwell

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your feedback and for reporting that issue

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ludovico Sassarini -

Hi Juan,

downloaded the app, installed, but when starting it stucks on boot animation (moodle logo).

HTC ONE S (4.1.2)

ludovico

In reply to Ludovico Sassarini

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Ludovico,

can you try with this new build?

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1518238/builds

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Sorry, that link seems to be broken.

Please, download the new version from here:

https://drive.google.com/a/moodle.com/file/d/0B8TzBTRyLeLKVEVicENGTjJ5bk0/view?usp=sharing

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ludovico Sassarini -

Nothing, uninstalled and installed the second version, but the problem is still here.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hello,

new alpha version available for download via:

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1518238/builds (note that the iOs version is going to work only using XCode emulators)

It still misses the "split view" for tablets but it has all the former app features

In order to install it in your Android device, you have to go to Menu > Settings > Security and tick the box that says “Unknown Origins” or “Unknown Sources and then access the link and download the file using your phone.

I recommend you to disable again the "Unkown Origins" option once the app has been installed.

Regards Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

the latest version available in https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1518238/builds includes:

1. Split view
  2. Book module support
  3. IMSCP module support
  4. Some performance improvements

Please, note also that is still a Beta version

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

回應: Re: Moodle Mobile 2.0, first apk for testing (alpha version)

by alex chiou -

hi, Juan:

I am developing Moodle Mobile app by PhoneGap now. I am trying to show enrolled MNet courses for an authenticed MNet user from this new developed app. I wonder if MM2 already fix this problem of not showing enrolled MNet courses for an authenticed MNet user? Thanks for your information.
    I also would like to know if moodle local plugin called by jquery mobile's AJAX method in MM1 is still able to be called by AngularJS in MM2?

Or I have to redesign this local plugin to become a web service plugin in order to be called by AngularJs in MM2?

thanks for your information.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jon Vannoy -

Hi Juan,

Can you verify that IMS content package is supported in this build?   I get the Whoops message when trying to access IMS content with an Android device.

Thanks!

Jon

In reply to Jon Vannoy

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Jon,

sorry, i forgot to mention that it requires Moodle 2.9 (there is no way for backporting this functionality to earlier versions via the local mobile plugin)

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jon Vannoy -

Thanks Juan for clearing that up for me! 

Best regards,

Jon

In reply to Juan Leyva

by lee andy -

Hi Juan,

Is it possible for you to give me a Github address of the new alpha version. Thank you!

Best Regards, Andy

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zoran Jeremic -

Hi Juan,

Latest alpha shows Whoops message when I try to open discussion forum from Moodle 2.6 with local_mobile plugin. I also tried with the latest code that I built myself. The same thing.

Thanks,

Zoran

In reply to Zoran Jeremic

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Zoran,

I just tried the app in a 2.6 instanced an worked well, are you sure local_mobile is correctly configured?

You have to be sure that the service is enabled in Administration / Plugins / Web Services / Services

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zoran Jeremic -

Hi Juan,

I've solved the issue. It works, but the problem was in that I was trying to use mobile application as Administrator and for admin user it didn't work, and I didn't check with some other user account. I have manually created token for admin user, but I did it for Moodle mobile web services instead of Moodle Mobile additional features service, so that was the reason.

Thanks,

Zoran

by Anurag Raj -
I can't access my site via the Moodle app. I downloaded it from another site. It accepts the URL, but when I try to enter my login credentials I get the warning, "Verify that you have correctly typed the URL and that your site uses Moodle 2.4 or later". 
In reply to Anurag Raj

by Stewered Malik -

Android kiosk browser and 3mod apk app lockdown for interactive kiosk systems, digital signages and other unattended tablets with fullscreen and kiosk mode.

In reply to Stewered Malik

by Stewered Malik -
This document describes the current problems and improvements needed by the app. It also discusses improvements to be done in the development

by APK Sheep -
Yes, I think so too.