Uploading of scorm 1.2 to moodle 2.0.1

Uploading of scorm 1.2 to moodle 2.0.1

by Neha M -
Number of replies: 5

Question 2: i am trying to upload scorm 1.2 based package on moodle 2.0.1 website running on live server but even after logging in with admin access ... I face the error: Cannot read file, either file does not exist or there are permissions problem.

Please advice how I can upload this scorm 1.2 package to this website based on "outdated version of moodle 2.0.1" . Please reply "with a fix" for the same.... i have already crossed the SLA. In case upgradation is required , kindly advice the steps for the same.  Attached is the screenshot below:

I followed the below mentioned steps for uploading SCORM package:   Created a new course in a category(with SCORM format) > Tried uploading the package to the scorm format  course with Name and Description  and faced the error:  Cannot read file, either file does not exist or there are permissions problem.********URGENT ***********************

Attachment error msg.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neha M

Re: Uploading of scorm 1.2 to moodle 2.0.1

by Neha M -

Hi All,

Please reply !.....  I am waiting for your precious response.

In reply to Neha M

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Neha M -

Thanks Tim for your reply. I am checking the details on the link.

However Is there a way to handle the issue faced by me while uploading the SCORM 1.2 package in the current moodle version 2.0.1 that I am using. I have an urgency to upload the package as I have already crossed the SLA.

In reply to Neha M

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

STF should be your first action wink and then ask for help to your local Moodle Partner, if you need to respect SLAs.

BTW, debugging that issue could be a really time consuming activity because you need to activate debugging at DEVELOPER level, including display messages, and look at the error message and find the reason for that error.

From the past posts of other users for the same error, you could have issues in the filedir folder where Moodle stores its contents via internal deduplication and the most recurrent ones are:

• permissions issues: for some reasons the user under which the web server runs your Moodle instance is not able to R/W files there;
  • broken uploads: for some reasons - e.g. no more disk space - the file has been partially stored but the size and/or the content of the actual file is not equal to the expected one/s and any other upload will fail until you'll fix the broken file in the filedir folder.

In order to fully understand what written above, you need to understand the way Moodle stores its contents. The documentation can be found at https://docs.moodle.org/dev/File_API_internals, the first important thing to know can be found in https://docs.moodle.org/dev/File_API_internals#File_storage_on_disk.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Neha M

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If there's an SLA involved there are probably a number of major violations simply by allowing your clients to use a Moodle 2.0.1 site.

2.0.1 contains a large number of serious security issues that are well known and well documented that could allow a malicious user to compromise your site. You should spend less time trying to get it to work on 2.0.1 and more time on upgrading your site to a recent supported release.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)