My institution has a widespread requirement for a good slot booking plugin in Moodle, and I have been evaluating Scheduler as a potential solution.
I have set up the following scenario, and the results raise concerns for us about leakage of students' grades between courses:
- Create Course A with users Student A and Teacher A.
- Create Scheduler A in Course A and enable grading.
- Teacher A books a slot with Student A, marks the student as seen and gives the student a grade.
- Also create Course B, but with users Student A, Teacher A and Teacher B.
- Create Scheduler B in Course B.
- Login as Teacher B (who is not enrolled in Course A).
- Go to the Scheduler Overview tab and filter the view by Teacher A.
- Teacher B is now able to see the grade given to the student by Teacher A, in a course that Teacher B is not enrolled on and cannot enter.
I would be interested in knowing whether others who are using Scheduler view this as a feature or a bug. Are there any workarounds to prevent this happening? I know that we can downgrade the Teacher role capabilities to those of a Non-editing Teacher, but this leaves Teachers unable to book slots for other Teachers.
Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.