Vocabulary & Moodle

Re: Vocabulary & Moodle

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy.

The Poodll is a great idea for the audio piece.

I was wrong about the Quizlet Plug in, but I did just realize that I can embed Quizlet cards directly into Moodle pages with iframes, so now I'm happy with this : )

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Vocabulary & Moodle

by Paula Clough -

John,

Here are some ideas from other instructors to get students to practice:

• Instructor made a practice quiz with vocab with unlimited tries and shuffle questions and answers. Students tried to get their time down to less than 2 minutes and still get the score they wanted.  Then they take a separate quiz that will be counted in the grade that allows only 2 minutes.  This gave students another way to study the meanings but still have the grade as motivation. Some students are very motivated to get their times down and still get everything correct.

• Another instructor wanted to measure actual use of vocabulary. He turned linking on in the glossary in the course when looking at forums randomly and went through and gave students extra points in the ratings if they were using the vocabulary properly.  Don't leave linking on all the time if you have the meanings in the glossary if you are using quizzes on the vocabulary or students will be able to click on link in the quiz and go to the glossary.

Hope those ideas help.

cool

Average of ratings: Useful (2)