Strange bug in Moodle 2.9?

Strange bug in Moodle 2.9?

by Davo Smith -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this strange behaviour in Moodle 2.9, before I report it as a bug:

• Google Chrome
  • Right-click on a link in the admin menu and select 'open in new tab' (so the tab opens in the background, but leaves the link selected)
  • With the link still selected in the interface (and without clicking any mouse buttons), move the mouse pointer up and down across the selected link
  • Watch as the icon for that link slowly travels down the page
  • Tested with both Clean and More themes
  • Tested with Chrome for Linux + Windows

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Strange bug in Moodle 2.9?

by Damyon Wiese -
I have seen it too. It is super weird smile
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Now it's confirmed to not just be my local install being weird (which is always possible, as I've got a lot of different plugins installed), I've opened in issue in tracker for it:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-50193

In reply to Davo Smith

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It was always happening, in previous versions as well. I even remember seeing either bug in tracker or forum post about it but I can't find it
In reply to Davo Smith

by ben reynolds -

Yes, I can get it to happen in demo.moodle.net and in my localhost of 2.8.5, but not in the 2.6 version my organization uses. I fail in 2.6 because I can't keep the link selected when I open new tab. In demo, the icon goes down each time my mouse pointer goes above the selected link.

I like this bug. It's almost like the old "Click Here" trick where the button moves away from your mouse.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Damyon Wiese -
I like this bug too smile We should make fireworks when you get to the bottom of the screen.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by ben reynolds -

Damyon and I have agreed. We will report this issue but not suggest fixing it.

Damyon, I think I've got a js fireworks script thingie that will do.