Moodle - Welcome to India !

by Anil Sharma -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all !

One large unexplored market is the 1.2 billion strong country - India ! Education is just starting to boom here with International Universities coming in. Internet access has suddenly become cheaper and available. Computer prices have crashed and penetration is rapidly increasing.

WebCT recently appointed distributors here in India for their products. They gave lots of presentation and stuff...dollar prices are expensive for India. Moodle is the solution. The first ever proper installation in India for a K-12 school is at www.dpsfaridabad.org . This school has invested in a proper lab for creating and facilitating online interaction. Teachers are very excited and putting in lots of efforts to feed in content based on the school syllabus. 1500 students will start using moodle ....soon it should spread to millions !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anil Sharma

Re: Moodle - Welcome to India !

by Himmat Singh -

gomangoIn the last 2 months we have seen a large number of Indian users registering at the >> free MoodleThemes site and downloading themes.

In fact I would go so far as to say that Moodle's availability is the key factor speeding up e-learning adoption in developing countries.

In reply to Himmat Singh

Re: Moodle - Welcome to India !

by jorge orengo -
Dear Himmat Singh,

I´m a BRAZILIAN software developer. I´m using moodle since initial version.

Recently I buyed templates in http://www.themegurus.com

Congratulations for your job. I´m developing a IPTV and VOD systems for
E-learning. I think integrate this in moodle environments.

You accept a customized templates services ?

We have (Brazil and India) a great potential market for EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE products !

Best Regards,

JORGE ORENGO

orengo@eadi.com