Converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda

Re: Converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda

by Ray Di Mascio -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that.  Sounds like a nice relaxed setup. I'm stuck with Shared Hosting with all it's limitations.

I've upgraded all my dbs to 2.9.1+ without any real hitches.  I did find that I had to install it bare, without any add ons, and then add them in after installation.

I had a quick look at the Maria download page and it does look quite user friendly.  I'll play with ti when I have more time.  Thanks for the link.

I hope the swap to Maria really works well for you.  After all, "How do you solve a problem like Maria" ? !!

All the best

Ray

In reply to Ray Di Mascio

by Ray Di Mascio -

Hi Folks,

I'm back !

It took me all this time to find a friendly host who was really helpful.  I'm still on shared hosting, but using MariaDB.  I managed to change the fields from Antelope to Barracuda.  Everything reoprts "Barracuda" and php mysql_compressed_rows -i -s -f all show nothing needs to be changed and everything compressed.

But Server Environment still shows an Antelope warning.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

Ray

In reply to Ray Di Mascio

by Kingsley Kcay -

Don't know if this might help. At first it always switched back to Antelope from Barracuda then I discovers a table was missing in the command. Kindly find below. This fixed all:

USE YOUR_DB_NAME;

SET SESSION sql_mode=STRICT_ALL_TABLES;

SET GLOBAL innodb_file_per_table=1;

SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda;

ALTER TABLE mdl_data ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_data_fields ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_enrol_paypal ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_lti ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_questionnaire_survey ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_user ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

ALTER TABLE mdl_user_info_field ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

It appeared this command (ALTER TABLE mdl_questionnaire_survey ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;) wasn't included so it kept switching back to antelope.

Regards. smile