New developer

New developer

by Mark L -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am very new to the Moodle platform. I have not been able to pour through all of the Plugin development tutorials but I had problems with some that appeared incompatible with the current version of Moodle. This has made it hard to determine exactly how to build what I need (I am fairly new to OOP PHP as well). I have reviewed working authentication and block plugins to cobble together the two I required and have gotten them working. What I don't know is if they are properly done. I would like these to conform to standards and be gracefully extensible, upgradable, etc. Is there a process of having an experienced developer review my plugins and offer advice? Or should I just post them here? 

My requirement was to create an authentication plugin that prevents default username/password login but reads the authenticated session variable and matches that to an existing Moodle user. If that doesnt exist but the user exists in our external system then a new Moodle user is created. If that fails then a student registration page is displayed and information is stored in our registrar database.

The registrar block is used by the department's registrar in order to validate or deny our organization's external users. 

Anyone willing to see this set of ugly babies? lol

Average of ratings: -