Rate (scale 1...5) - Max Nb of Scale Items in Moodle 2.6?

Rate (scale 1...5) - Max Nb of Scale Items in Moodle 2.6?

by Malcolm Jaros -
Number of replies: 3

My apology for cross-posting this as a "Reply" to a post by AL Rachels in the General Help forum.

Please can you tell me, is there a limit to the number of Scale Items for the "Rate" type question?

In Moodle 1.9 it was possible to create a Rate type questionnaire with up to 8 Scale items (or more?) but our version of Moodle 2.6 appears to have a limit of 6 Scale Items.

Is there somewhere a setting that I could change to increase the limit?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Malcolm Jaros

Re: Rate (scale 1...5) - Max Nb of Scale Items in Moodle 2.6?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Malcolm,

Just as Mike said, 'change the "Number of scale item" setting for the question' which should work for you. I just tested on my old 2.6.5+ site with NB set for 10 and it did work.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Rate (scale 1...5) - Max Nb of Scale Items in Moodle 2.6?

by Malcolm Jaros -

Thank you Mike and AL, I understand what you are saying, and that is what I did. 

If I change to a number of 6 or lower that works, but if I change to 7 or higher then, as I save, it reverts to 6 as if that was the prescribed limit.

I shall take it up with our system administrator and other users of our system to try and pin down the problem.

Will post again if I discover the cause.