Developer meeting April 2015

Re: Developer meeting April 2015

by Damyon Wiese -
Number of replies: 7
Yes I can (next week). I am updating the dev docs for output/renderers over the next week or so and that will have all the info there too.
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Damyon, I have read the output/renderers/templates documentation. It is a nice introduction into the topic but lacks depth. The code you demonstrated at the developer meeting was a working example which would help me more to proceed. So it would be very helpful if you may find the time to give us a link to the code you had presented with.

Thanks a lot for your great work and for your support.

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Urs Hunkler -

Ping.

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Damyon Wiese -
Hi Urs - I'm not sure where that code is - but some more working examples are:

A) the Template Library tool in core uses all those things.
B) in-progress work on learning plans: MDL-49458
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Urs Hunkler -

Thanks for your answer Damyon.

The »Template Library tool« in the admin tools looks great. I tried to load a »cleanm« template from the list and got a »filenotfound« error. When I look at  »admin/tool/templatelibrary/classes/api.php« I see the comment »// Skip theme dirs - we only want the original plugin/core template.« on line 122.

So the error is not »filenotfound« but »I don't want to load that template I had listed above« or something similar wink

Why do you think it is a good idea to exclude the templates in the theme? I guess the page layout templates will always be saved in a theme and will therefore always be excluded from the tool. And if templates may be excluded they should be excluded in the template list and not produce a load error, shouldn't they?

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Damyon Wiese -
That sounds like a bug - please create an issue for it. I have mostly been thinking of themes overriding core/plugin templates and not adding it's own new templates - but of course that is valid and should work.
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Damyon Wiese -
That comment about skipping the theme dirs - was because we want to support loading the documentation comment from the existing core template - but the overridden theme version should display as the example. We shouldn't be required to always duplicate the comments when overriding a template.