Database Enrollment data mapping stopped working

Database Enrollment data mapping stopped working

by ATCNB IT -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I have external database enrollment setup to authenticate users. This all worked perfect in 2.7.2 and earlier versions.

However since upgrading to 2.8.5+, the external database field mapping appears to have stopped working. So now whilst the student is still able to authenticate; the profile edit screen now appears due to their Given Name, Surname & Email fields being blank. These are all fields that should have been pre-populated 'on every login'

I'm also not doing any pre-synchronization cron, as the user is usually only created in the external DB moments before they are directed to login to Moodle. External DB is also a firebird database.  I also have LDAP auth setup too - and it still does it's data mapping correctly.

Anyone got any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ATCNB IT

Re: Database Enrollment data mapping stopped working

by ATCNB IT -

UPDATE:

This data-mapping problem only seems to occur with our original Firebird database. When Moodle is pointed to a test MySQL database, the fields are mapping as expected.

What is weird is that Moodle is able to read the Firebird table to get the correct username/password - but fails to pull the other fields.