Change/Format the appearance of questions appearing in quiz using?

Change/Format the appearance of questions appearing in quiz using?

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -
Number of replies: 4

Change/Format the appearance of questions appearing in quiz using CSS / CSS of Theme folder / CSS of quiz folder / custom CSS 

Dear users,

I use moodle hosted on a free site for teachers, to give quiz to a small number of students 100 or so and it works perfectly and save a lot of paper checking time smile

The problem is the appearance of the questions like say MATCH THE FOLLOWING becomes to tedious to read.

I would like to know of a way using which the space between lines/dropdowns of matching, the appearance of the dropdowns/combo boxes, the background color, line spacing, can be modified.

I am aware of themes, but i tried many themes NO THEME brings a significant change in the way quiz is displayed.

Yes there is a custom CSS option in all themes (i am using BCU) but WHICH CSS ELEMENTS SHOULD BE MODIFIED? is there a tutorial labelling all question elements?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am searching the net for the last week but cannot find a solution to fit my needs.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

Re: Change/Format the appearance of questions appearing in quiz using?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you open your quiz in Chrome (View/Developer/Developer Tools) or Firefox (Tools/WebDeveloper/Toggle Tools), both have a set of developer tools that will help you track down which css needs changing.  You can actually preview changes in your browser to find out exactly which part needs adjusted.  Just use the Magnifying Glass icon and click on the area that you are having trouble with.  The tools will load all the CSS properties and you can play around with them until you find the magical combination. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Thanku for pointing the feature out, i forgot about it smile

will try and let u know 

thanku 

@Emma Richardson

Thanku, i checked out the css styles and found it useful.

Now can u please guide me as to where to edit or put the custom css i make?

I have a hosting now and can edit the files on server.

Note: i only want to change the appearance of QUIZ like the SELECT(combo box) TAG, Qestion NO COLOR ETC

by studying the tags, html and css i was able to understand what could be formatted.

creating an external style sheet and linking it in additional html option, did the trick, achieved the line spacing which i need.

Thanku so much