page is too high, vertical scroll bar is not necessary

page is too high, vertical scroll bar is not necessary

by Martin Koops -
Number of replies: 2

I have a moolde site which is not so high. It can be displayed in en standard screen.

I do get a scrolbar however, because the footer is very "high".

When I open the footer separately it is not high at all. Why is the main table displayed in such a way, with an unnecessary amount of empty space above the footer?

does anyone knwo this?

regards,

Martijn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Koops

Re: page is too high, vertical scroll bar is not necessary

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Martin, Andrew Walker has developed a great tool to display and even change the CSS properties and values of page elements. Please read the discussion about his inspector. I recommend this tool because with it's help you will find the answers to many of your questions directly on your screen.

Please don't get me wrong, you are very welcome to a ask.

The question you are asking above is very difficult to answer without access to your Moodle pages. It could be that the top margin or padding of the footer is set to big values.

I am very interested in your feedback how your work with the inspector proceeds - if you decide to use it.
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: page is too high, vertical scroll bar is not necessary

by Martin Koops -

Thanks for all the help.

I installed greasemonkey and the inspector.

Now Firefox cannot show pages in a normal way anymore, all pages are stretched out of my screen, nos crollbars.
After installing greasemonkey already trouble started.

But... when I shift and click an item I do get a list of tags. Always the same tags though...

It seems that this tool is not working so well in windows XP. I intend to proceed using the developers tool and information button. Unfortunately the developers tool was removed in the process.

At the bottom of the firefox browser it says something like:

<broadcaster label="&webdeveloper.edit.css.label;" group="sidebar" id="webdeveloper-edit-css-s
------------------------^

The rest does not fit in the screen anymore...

It si still a pity that Icannot see what is keeping myy table from being reduced to normal proportions.

Martijn