Uploading Word Document with images into a book images will not load?

Uploading Word Document with images into a book images will not load?

by Vikki Durham -
Number of replies: 2

We are putting together a book that has been created with a Word document that contains images.  We convert the document to HTML and upload into the book module.  The problem is that the images are either links to that picture or the HTML code itself.  Any help here would be appreciated.  We are on version 2.8.3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vikki Durham

Re: Uploading Word Document with images into a book images will not load?

by Paula Clough -

Vikki,

Perhaps someone else out there knows a better way.  

The only way I know to import from a Word HTML file is the text and formatting will come through and then there will be shapes with a little icon in them for the images. These shapes then have to be connected to the image file in Moodle.  The Word html type of document that seems to import most easily in the book is the single file web page.  It doesn't have a separate folder of all the images. If I am not the one who created the document, I also save a regular Word web page doc. This folder with files and folders inside will have an image folder where they images are the same name as they will be on the imported page.  I find the image folder in that folder on my computer.  Then, in the editing window, I right click on the one of the shapes and go to the insert/edit image link (or use the image link on the toolbar).  On the popup, there will be a http address in the first window with the image name at the end of it.  Mine usually seem to be image001.png.  I then click on the icon on the end of that line so I can upload the image from my computer. I find it in the web page/image file, click on it and go through the upload process.  When I save the new address in the image popup window, the image will appear in the editing page of book chapter.

It's a little tedious if there are a lot of pictures, but because I have the image names and the image folder to match against, it goes pretty quickly.  I haven't worked with links to out side pictures before, but if the link is there, you probably need to just renew it was well.

I hope that helps.

cool

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paula Clough

Re: Uploading Word Document with images into a book images will not load?

by Vikki Durham -

Thank you so much for your answer.  We actually were trying some of that on Friday and did finally get it to work. 

I shall pass this along.  Thank you for your response.