Drag and Drop not supported message

Re: Drag and Drop not supported message

by John Curtin -
Number of replies: 5

Fixed it! Yessss! big grin

In the end, I disabled the "Upload a file" plugin and enabled it again, and drag and drop is working now. Thanks for your help!

In reply to John Curtin

by Jel Coward -

Hi all

I have just encountered the 'drag and drop not supported' (or similar)....but it is not for all users.

Teacher role in Context of folder  - user is Student in rest of the course.  The user can create a folder but cannot upload a file to it from their computer.

As the admin person I _can_ do this....and have tested both on my computer with my browser - work for me but not the 'student' with 'teacher role in the context of a folder'.

So I am wondering:

Is this a bug (my understanding is that Teachers can upload files)?  Or is it a permissions thing possibly?

Any thoughts please?  (is there something I need to check in the Teacher role?  do I need to restart / disable/enable something?

Many thanks for any advice smile

Cheers smile

jel

In reply to Jel Coward

by Jel Coward -

OK- apols for posting my thought process as I walk though this.

I don't think that what I am seeing is a bug....it is probably intended behaviour.....but I need to sort out where I can find that behaviour described and then how to get the result I want.

I also wanted to post again here to ensure I was not creating confusion for anyone finding this thread smile

Situation

User is Student in course, but has Teacher role in a single Folder in that course.  I hoped that this would give the user upload permissions.

It appears though that the Student role is trumping (overiding) the Teacher role......and it is my guess that moodle intends this....thus that user can't upload.

My desired functionality is that I want that user to have Student role in the course, but have upload permissions to a particular folder (along with a few others users).  I need all users in that course to be able to see the contents of tha folder (but not all to be able to upload to it).

Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to do this - or nudge me down the right path please?

Cheers all smile

jel

In reply to Jel Coward

by Jel Coward -

...another follow up

I found this in the Student role.

Repository: Upload a fileUse uploading in file picker repository/upload:viewProhibit   Default: Not set

ie. it is set to Prohibit - so this likely prevents the Teacher role which would allow uploading, from allowing it, because the user is also a Student and is thus prohibited.

So....2 questions.....am I right about that?  and is there a listing somewhere of the default permissions for Student role (I am wondering if I manually set it to Prohibit, or if that is the default).

Thanks for any engagement smile

Cheers

jel

In reply to Jel Coward

by Jel Coward -

Replying to myself again smile.....just to help anyone else who is trying to do the same thing.

Yes it was that 'prohibit' was set for upload in the Student role, thus trumping the setting  in Teacher role.

Cheers smile

jel

In reply to Jel Coward

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Don't apologise for replying to yourself - it is all to the benefit of future users; thankyou smile