Moodle tip: Writing collaboratively in Moodle

Re: Moodle tip: Writing collaboratively in Moodle

by Itamar Tzadok -
Number of replies: 1

Do we really want to continue limiting our concept of "standard Moodle" to core Moodle? Arguably, for the common learning services provider, Moodle without its rich set of plugins is not that different from other leading LMS platforms. And some plugins in the Moodle plugin repo (e.g. Poodll) are far richer than their counter core modules/components can ever be, simply because their development and maintenance have more resources than what HQ can allocate for the core modules it maintains.  smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: Moodle tip: Writing collaboratively in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

True - and I especially love PoodLL smile Happy for people to suggest non-standard features too; I'm just coming from the angle of being in a Moodle-using high school from 2006 - 2013 where there was no possibility of adding other modules so you had to make the most of what you had. And I used to look enviously at other establishments which had the freedom (or knowledge) to add more stuff. (And as an aside, my old school now runs Moodle themselves, so had I stayed, I would no longer  have needed to covet the freedom of others smile )