Rubric feedback not visible to students

Rubric feedback not visible to students

by Ann Kenady -
Number of replies: 6

I have an instructor who is using the rubric form to provide feedback to students. He used  the "feedback" box for general feedback (which students can see). In addition, he added a level for each assessment item in the rubric and provided each student targeted feedback in the rubric form. Students can view the original rubric form (with two levels) but not the updated version, which has three levels.

Any thoughts about how we might make this work?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ann Kenady

Re: Rubric feedback not visible to students

by Ann Kenady -

I just realized that I didn't represent the problem correctly. The instructor has entered feedback in the associated sections within the rubric but the students are unable to see the comments when they open up the rubric in their gradebook (they can see the comments in the "Feedback comments" block, though).

I've checked the activity, gradebook and category settings and don't see anything that would cause this to happen, but feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks!

In reply to Ann Kenady

by Hartmut Scherer -

If students want to see the feedback of each section, they need to go to that particular assignment and scroll down. Feedback given in sections is not visible in the gradebook.

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Ann Kenady -

Thanks for your reply. The same problem applies no matter how the graded activity is accessed. When I log in as one of the enrolled students and open the graded activity I see the rubric (without comments) and the grade and feedback below. I don't see the item-by-item feedback within the rubric form that should also be visible.

I wonder if this is because the instructor used the same forms to re-grade, after revisions? If there isn't a way to fix this, is there an alternate way to save and share all the feedback that's been entered in the Moodle grading rubrics?

In reply to Ann Kenady

by Hartmut Scherer -

Are all options for this rubric checked? When you open the assignment, select Advanced grading and scroll down until you see the options. Are all boxes checked? Below is a screenshot of the options.

rubric options

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Ann Kenady -

Yes, all the options are checked. We've tried copying the activity to a test site and logging in as a student - everything works exactly as it should. I wonder if this suggests interference from a course-level setting (except I've checked them all out and they seem OK to me). Thanks very much for your help!

In reply to Ann Kenady

by Hartmut Scherer -
Did you check the activity itself? There may be a locally assigned role or role override. Check permissions can help you. Do you use standard roles in your site or did you change some roles for the entire site? Did you add roles for a specific purpose?

I read one of your previous posts where you mentioned: "I wonder if this is because the instructor used the same forms to re-grade, after revisions?" I have no idea how re-grading influences section feedback in rubrics. Try to purge all caches. That my help to see the latest feedback.