My log activities are gone

My log activities are gone

by Lori Getz -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,

A few days ago teachers were able to see the activity log of each participant. Now when they click on the Log it says there are none, but studnets are loggin in and posting to forums. Any advice as to how to get the log feature working again?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lori Getz

Re: My log activities are gone

by N Hansen -
I've been having this problem lately, my logs keep getting corrupted and then once the site is up again the logs are gone and have to be restored from a backup. I'm still working with my host to pinpoint the exact cause. It seems to happen at almost the same time every week on a Sunday morning. I'd be interested in hearing any information you glean about your problem.
In reply to N Hansen

by Keith Breckenridge -
I'm having a similar problem, I think.  I have no log data, and my server event logs are full of "can't access mdl_log.MYI errno  but when I attempt to repair the table in MYSQL Administrator it's nowhere to be found:  there is no mdl_log.MYI in the list of tables.  I'm running Moodle 1.5.2 on Windows 2000 with IIS5, PHP 5.0.4 and
MySQL 4.1.13a-nt.

Is there any way to rebuild mdl_log.MYI?
In reply to Keith Breckenridge

by N Hansen -
That's exactly what happened to me last week (running 1.5). My host said he was able to repair it, but I'm not sure if he repaired it or restored it from a backup (more likely). But my whole database went down too.
In reply to N Hansen

by Lori Getz -
Is it possible to find out from your host how he fixed it?
In reply to Lori Getz

by N Hansen -
We weren't ever able to figure out exactly what was causing it, so I had them move me to a new server, and the problem seems to have gone away as my site didn't go down again yesterday morning like it has been on Sundays the last few weeks. Some process must have been occurring on the other machine that was affecting my site.