Marking block bug with excluded assignments

Marking block bug with excluded assignments

by Adam Johnston -
Number of replies: 1
I was using the marking block module which is great.  It lets me see all the students I have below 70%.  Recently I realized, though, it is counting excluded assignments against student when determining who is below a certain pecentage.  I don't know how easy to fix this is but I would appreciate it if it would use the actual percentage the gradebook has (whih ignores excluded grades for the student) instead of just checking raw points earned versus raw points possible as it seems it does now.

Also, how is it the marking block organizes students who are below the set percentage?  It doesn't seem to be alphabetical by first or last name, or by percentage.  Just curious about that.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Johnston

Re: Marking block bug with excluded assignments

by Darren Smith -
Hello

Last things first smile The next release will have the students below the set percentage by percentage with the highest at the top.

As for the first point. I had identified that no grade assignments where being shown in the marking page and these will be removed in the next release but I did not realise they were also having an effect on the students percentage.

I will flag this with Mike to see how easy it is to do and we'll take it from there but I have actually just asked him to put the marking block work on hold while he completes another script for us.