How to do a batch restore of many courses at once?

How to do a batch restore of many courses at once?

by Pedro G. Acevedo -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

We've been running more than one Moodle simultaneously for our university, and with different courses being served on each one. We're now merging them all into a single instance of Moodle, and how we're doing it is we're taking the course backups and restoring them manually, one by one, to the destination Moodle. It's not a very efficient process. Is there a way to do a batch restore, or similar thing? I found this post on removing users from courses at the end of a semester, which seems similar to my question in that it deals with modifying the information for a large number of courses at once, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Pedro
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pedro G. Acevedo

Re: How to do a batch restore of many courses at once?

by Ángel Rodríguez -
Hello Pedro,

We're trying to do a batch restore of many courses at once. At the moment, we're looking for information about this, but unfortunately, we don't find this information.

If you want, we could collaborate to resolve this problem.
In reply to Ángel Rodríguez

Re: How to do a batch restore of many courses at once?

by Pedro G. Acevedo -
I'd like to, Ángel, but right now I just don't have the time to learn the ins and outs of how Moodle is coded. However, I see that someone else is working on batch uploading courses in a text file, which may be applied to this problem. I suppose you could write code to somehow export an entire course to text in the format specified by Lee Asson in the link, though I see it [still] doesn't support things like resources and forums.

Good luck, and I'll keep you in mind if I decide to dig into this myself.

Pedro