Assignements for teachers too ?

Assignements for teachers too ?

by Étienne Rozé -
Number of replies: 5
When I create a assignement, teachers appear in the list for submission...
I find this bug declaration. where I read that somebody says they need this feature...
It is not a feature for me triste, that obstructs me... not a lot but...
And you What do you think ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Étienne Rozé

Re: Assignements for teachers too ?

by Roland Gesthuizen -
Yes, including teachers amongst the assignments listed is rather odd. I get a lot of unnecessary clutter when marking courses where I have enrolled several colleagues as hidden lurkers to view our class progress. Perhaps there should be an assignment option to view teacher contributions (default hidden).
In reply to Étienne Rozé

by Étienne Rozé -
I find this behavior changes if I do this little hack in the file
mod/assignement/lib.php
replace the True by False at the line 656

$teacherattempts = True; /// Temporary measure
become
$teacherattempts = False; /// Temporary measure

But if you use the very fine review assignement type , the hack doesn't work because the display_submissions() function is rewrited ( I don't know why). You have to make the same change at the line 493 of the file /mod/assignement/type/uploadreview/assignment.class.php

In reply to Étienne Rozé

by Lindsay Magnus -
It would be nice if this parameter was part of the settings for assignments on the configuration page.

Lindsay
In reply to Lindsay Magnus

by Roland Gesthuizen -
I too find it odd that there are assignments for teachers but if we had an option, it probably should be an exception for each and not the rule for all assignments.

If the assignment option is turned off (by default), teachers would remain hidden and excluded from these result reports. If the option is turned on, teacher contributions would be included in any result report.

In practice this would involving adding some lines of code to the pages and reports that view assignment results and adding a tick box option to the page editing the assignment details to include course teachers. To keep this consistent across Moodle, something similar could be done for quizzes and other assessable Moodle features.
In reply to Roland Gesthuizen

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I agree that there should be a certain level of consistency between the modules especially those which have grades. IMO the default behavior should be to keep the teacher off of the list; however, I can also see where one might make an argument that according to social learning the teacher is part of the class as a learner. If that is the case, and this may be possible and I simply have not used the functionality, then students should be able to see the submissions (I'm thinking primarily of online text assignments) of other students and/or the teacher; however, then this starts to become somewhat similar to the workshop module. Peace - Anthony
Average of ratings: Useful (1)