is it possible to have 2 different a.link colours

is it possible to have 2 different a.link colours

by kathy hooper -
Number of replies: 7
I spent a very late night trying to sort this but with no luck. The login links are the same colour as the general links and because my header is dark, they do not show up (see attachment). Is it possible to have one colour for the body and one for the header. In this I would like all of the login menu white. Any ideas?
Attachment problem.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to kathy hooper

Re: is it possible to have 2 different a.link colours

by David Scotson -

Try this:

.headermenu a { color: #fff; }

This effectively means "any a tags inside a tag with the class of headermenu" which is the class that surrounds that text in the header. Similar contextual selectors can be used for links in most other areas.

Note that it's usually a good idea to give some indication of what is clickable link and what is just text, even if it's only a slight change in color or boldness.

In reply to David Scotson

by kathy hooper -
Great! - that worked. Many thanks
kathy
In reply to kathy hooper

by kathy hooper -
I must qualify the above. It works well in fire fox but not in explorer. Any ideas on how to get it working in both?
kathy
In reply to kathy hooper

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Kathy, in MSIE you must often clear the cache to be able to see the CSS changes. The key shortcuts which should clear the cache often don't work.

I hope this helps

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by kathy hooper -
Thanks - but clearing the cache makes no difference, I will have to find a way round it.
kathy
In reply to kathy hooper

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Kathy, can you please post the url that I can look at your Moodle? The CSS snippet David posted is rendered correctly by every browser. There must be something else making troubles.

Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by kathy hooper -
Thanks for the offer Urs, but I found the problem. It was as you suggested earlier - IE cache not being cleared properley. When I deleted all offline content the right colour came through.
cheers
kathy