UK Key Stage Glossary

UK Key Stage Glossary

by David Fountain -
Number of replies: 4

Does anyone have a glossary of terms used in Key Stage 3 and 4 in the UK that they'd wish to share?

I've grabbed some from the Devon website and made a start.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Fountain

Re: UK Key Stage Glossary

by Miles Berry -
For maths, it would be difficult to improve on the Cambridge's outstanding maths thesaurus, which has open source code and content.
I experimented with converting this into Moodle glossary format - it's not impossible but needs a bit more work than I've got time for, and the word list is huge, so there may be performance issues.
 An alternative approach would be to write a filter for Moodle to add links to their copy. Way beyond me, I'm afraid.

by David Fountain -

I haved used a list from the teacher training agency in the UK to convert their list of ICT terms to the Moodle format. I've put it in the glossary exchange section:

http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2739&mode=entry&hook=6063 

by Roland Gesthuizen -
Thats great David, could I post a copy (with due credit and link of course) to the VITTA subject association resource bank? I am impressed with the work done here to encourage users to share their glossary collections. Well done smile
In reply to Roland Gesthuizen

by David Fountain -
No problem Ronald, the credit goes to the teacher training agency not me however - I simply converted it to moodle.