Customized Template for moodle ?

Customized Template for moodle ?

by Valdecir Saraiva -
Number of replies: 3

I have one template and would like to use as theme for moodle but it would like to inside place the blocks in the right of tables and in the center in each table a type of block sees template In template 1 does not have the blocks and in template 2 it is as it must be the positions of the blocks

Tacks

Template 1Template 1

Template 2

Template 2

Attachment template1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valdecir Saraiva

Re: Customized Template for moodle ?

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Valdecir,

you have an interesting approach. I do not know a way to mix Moodle with your own page elements.

Two proposals for a somehow similar solution:

1 You can integrate Moodle into your webpage via frames or an iframe. With Moodle's HTML-Block and CSS you can build within Moodle the navigation block under the monitor exactly as shown on the left side of your image. So you need to do only small layout adjustments to work around the rectangular borders of your frames. The disadvantage of this approach is, that pages with frames or iframes are not accessible.

2 You could design your own Moodle theme as decribed in the Moodle Theme Documentation. There you can integrate your graphics into the header and the footer and build your "not like Moodle looking" page parts with HTML-Blocks in different designs (see above)

I hope that helps
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Valdecir Saraiva -
I am lay of as to make to place the variaveis in theme..Olhei the indicated site but entendi..estive looking at one theme and did not think if it is possible to make of this form

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html<?php echo $direction ?>>
<head>
    <?php echo $meta ?>
    <meta name="keywords" content="moodle, <?php echo $title ?> " />
    <title><?php echo $title ?></title>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo "$CFG->wwwroot/theme/$CFG->theme" ?>/imagens/favicon.ico" />
 <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo "$CFG->wwwroot/theme/$CFG->theme" ?>/css/styles.css" />
    <?php include("$CFG->javascript"); ?>
</head>
<body<?php
    echo " $bodytags";
    if ($focus) {
        echo " onload=\"setfocus()\"";
    }
 ?>><div id="page">
  <?php if ($home) {  // This is what gets printed on the home page only 
?>

<div align="left">
          <?php echo $menu ?>
        </div>

<?php print_navigation($navigation); ?>

<?php } ?>

<?php if ($navigation) { // This is the navigation table with breadcrumbs  ?>

<?php echo $button; ?>

<?php } else if ($heading) { // If no navigation, but a heading, then print a line 
?>
        <?php } ?>

The variaveis to show the modulos are these or are another form for example:

<?php echo $menu ?>
  <?php echo $search ?>
In reply to Valdecir Saraiva

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Valdecir, I am sorry, I looked at your files but I do not get what you want to do. Please try to find a way to cut your layout in several pieces for the header, the footer and the graphics for the sideblocks. Then you must integrate those in the Moodle Themes. It is very important for all theme work to understand the way how themes are constructed. You can only work completely different from the Moodle themes when you change the program code.

I wish you much success with your theme work
Urs