request guest access to moodle courses built for ages 10-18

request guest access to moodle courses built for ages 10-18

by A. T. Wyatt -
Number of replies: 5
I posted this a few days ago in the K12 forum and got no response, so I am trying again in this forum!

I am doing a Moodle presentation at a local technology conference in a couple of weeks (in Texas, USA). The main audience will be teachers and pre-service teachers (college students in the education program). The grades of most interest would be 4-12, or roughly 10 year old to 18 year old public school students. I would think that almost any subject area would be fine--science, language arts, music, history, etc.  I think the teachers would like this better than access to "using moodle" type courses since we are not training anyone to use moodle at this point.

I would like to give attendees a list of links to courses they could browse according to topic/age appropriateness. I think that if I had at least 5 courses, that would be great! They would need guest access.

Would anyone be willing to open up something for us? I know you will want to be careful and probably not use a course that has students actually enrolled.  I guess we will need courses written in English!  I would also be interested in courses that had been developed by education majors in college.  I think some discussion threads have mentioned such activities.

Any help would be appreciated!
atw

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: request guest access to moodle courses built for ages 10-18

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi ATW,

You're welcome to guest access to our BTEC First Diploma in Sport Moodle course, a one-year vocational course for students aged between 14 and 19. Please follow the link below.

http://ifp.altoncollege.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=5

Please note that it's not a model Moodle course wink - it's simply an example of initial course design by an enthusiastic teacher wishing to give students access to course resources. During the course of the year, further activities, such as forums, glossaries and Hot Potatoes quizzes, will be added.

Best wishes for your presentation. smile

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by James Procopio -

We are currently offering a free course using an animated Microsoft Agent character (Merlin the Wizard) programmed to give a basic introduction to the eight parts of speech.

To view the course, visitors must use Version 5.1 or later of Microsoft Internet Explorer.  They must also have the following files downloaded and installed on their computers:

THE LANGUAGE LABORATORY course is a multisensory learning experience based largely on Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences. The course is designed to engage the student visually, auditorially and socially, on the theory that a multisensory approach is likely to benefit the student's understanding and retention of the material presented.

As stated previously, this copyrighted course can be taken free of charge by anyone who cares to register for a free account at JWPCWORLD ACADEMY.

There is a one time course key which registrants need to access the course.

Students wishing to obtain the course key are asked to send their request to:

jwpc@jwpcworld.com

There is also a number of additional learning resources available through JWPCWORLD ACADEMY without the need to register.

These additional resources can be accessed without charge by going to:

http://www.jwpcworld.com/ACADEMY

I hope this information is useful to you.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

In reply to James Procopio

by A. T. Wyatt -

Thank you both!  I also received a couple of private communications, and will be delighted to provide links to all the resources for our session.  It is in only one week, so I am working hard on getting everything ready! smile

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Julian Ridden -

Sounds like a bit late to chime in, But I am also happy to offer the Playpen for you to use.

The Playpen was built to demonstrate functionality of Moodle to new and existing users. All areas have guest access and users can create their own accounts to see fetaures as formal users as well.

If you like, a course can be setup for yourself with teacher access if you need it.

Email me if you want access.

Julian