Uploading and downloading resources

Uploading and downloading resources

by Aidan McCanny -
Number of replies: 3

I wan to add a resource within a topic by uploading a file for example 'myexample.doc'  When I save the changes I get the standard error message "The page cannot be found ..."

I checked and the file has been uploaded to the moodledata folder on the server in a folder something like "2" (topic 2). 

I have got around this problem by linking to the file  by specifying the exact location of it eg /moodledata/2/myexample.doc

Am I dong something wrong?  Is there an easier method as eventually I am hoping other teachers will be able to add resources themselves without getting too technical?

Thanks

Aidan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aidan McCanny

Re: Uploading and downloading resources

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Aidan,

For an easier method, please check the uploaded files FAQ (simply follow the highlighted link).
In reply to Helen Foster

by Aidan McCanny -

Thanks Helen

I followed your advice, tried to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and eventually followed Martin's instructions and changed  the setting for "slasharguments" .  Everything is working a treat now.

As a school teacher, I would like to be able to identify my students, as opposed to the other teachers' students in my subject, when they submit their assignments.  Can you point me, once again, in the right direction?

Thanks

Aidan

In reply to Aidan McCanny

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Aidan,

It's good to hear that you have things working now. smile

Regarding identifying your students' assignments, you may like to organise students into groups. You'll need to enable groups by following the settings link in your course administration block and choosing separate or visible groups as group mode. A groups link will then appear in your administration block for arranging students into groups.