custom html template implementation

by Rajesh Ryan -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, I am new in moodle world!

I want to implement my custom template with moodle. please help me how i can do it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajesh Ryan

Re: custom html template implementation

by Rajesh Ryan -
there is no reply of my post

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Rajesh Ryan <noreply@moodle.org> wrote:
Picture of Rajesh Ryan
by Rajesh Ryan - Monday, February 16, 2015, 9:26 PM

Hi, I am new in moodle world!

I want to implement my custom template with moodle. please help me how i can do it.

If you reply to this via email, don't include a quoted copy of this post.

In reply to Rajesh Ryan

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well, I'm not exactly sure what your expectations are Rajesh - but complaining there has been no answer within 45minutes of your original post (bearing in mind as well that email notifications of posts dont go out for 30 mintues after the post is made) is entirely unreasonable!

Impatience

If by 'template' you are refering to a theme for Moodle I would suggest looking at the theme FAQs and developer documents which you will find linked at the top of the Themes forum

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=29

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Richard Oelmann -

by Rajesh Ryan -

Richard, I have html template, I want moodle implementation with the same template.

In reply to Rajesh Ryan

by Richard Oelmann -

Well, your first step is the links I recommended earlier where you will find information on how themes are constructed and how to go about creating a theme.

I'm afraid it isn't as simple as just applying an existing html template, but you need to have read those documents and tutorials and FAQs as a starting point. We can then help you with specific areas that you need help with - even if that's a relatively basic level of understanding as a beginner (we were all there once).

My best suggestion would be to look at those docs (and also the readme instructions for cloning the Clean theme which are part of the theme itself) and that you look to create your theme based on Clean, but using the graphics etc that are part of your template.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As Richard says, the work used to describe "HTML template" in Moodle is "Theme". The developer docs start here: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rajesh Ryan -

Thanks Richard for your guidelines..I will follow the same..

In reply to Rajesh Ryan

by Rajesh Ryan -

I have configure the template..thanks for the support 

But till now not configure header slider and scroller, i am unable to include javascript in the theme.

I have follow the instruction as suggested by you and helpfull links. given below code used in config.php file

$THEME->javascripts = array('bootstrap.min','functions','jquery.bxslider.min','jquery-1.11.0.min','modernizr','owl.carousel','skrollr.min');

please help me