Email of Certificate missing the certificate that should be attached

Re: Email of Certificate missing the certificate that should be attached

by Scott Chillemi -
Number of replies: 2

Although I knew it was probably a long shot, I had the site upgraded to version to 2.7.7.  I was hoping that some problem would be sorted out through an upgrade.  No such luck.  Does anyone have an idea?  Receiving an emailed electronic copy of the student's certificate is a critical feature for my site - I can't imagine others aren't using it.

My hosting vendor, Moonami, is having the same issue on sites they generate from scratch using 2.6.x or better.  This eliminates the variable that I configured something wrong.  It worked prior to a migration / upgrade on version 2.5.2. 

Any help, theories, or even someone else admitting they have the same problem would be very helpful. 

In reply to Scott Chillemi

by Michaela Smith -

I had the same problem, the solution is in the certificate set up for each Course.  Open the Course, add a certificate to the course (or edit the settings for your current certificate).  When you set up a certificate you choose a number of different option, from the "Issue Options" choose Delivery: Email and then Save Certificate: Yes. 

It's the Save Certificate that is the critical point, in the instructions it says you must choose 'save' but I thought they meant I had to save the form.... but in fact they mean you must choose to 'save certificate'.

As far as I know there is not a default set up for your certificates, so you have to do this for each course.  If there is a standard/default settings for a certificate then please let me know as I would prefer to just set my certificate settings once rather than for every single course.

In reply to Michaela Smith

by Gareth Peevers -

I'm getting this problem too. I've set up the certificate with Delivery: Email and then Save Certificate: Yes

Moodle 2.9.4+ (Build: 20160218)

Certificate plugin version 2015083101, release 2.9 (Build: 2015083101)

When I click on Get Your Certificate, it opens up the certificate in a new window, and sends the email, but without the certificate attached.

Anyone know what the problem is here? Thanks!