Plugin for provisional enrolment ...

Plugin for provisional enrolment ...

by Baptiste Lhoste -
Number of replies: 6

Hi everybody,

I have to develop a plugin to handle provisional enrolment.

Students will fill a form with some data to complete theirs provisional enrolment, then teachers will validate or not enrolments.

If the enrolment is validated an account will be create for the corresponding student.

My question is, in which category I have to put it ?

Best regards,

Batistou

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Baptiste Lhoste

Re: Plugin for provisional enrolment ...

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'in which category I have to put it', but if you mean 'what type of plugin should I create', then the answer is an 'enrolment plugin', which will go in enrol/MYPLUGINNAME - see https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Enrolment_plugins for more details (or look at the code in the standard plugins, e.g. enrol/self, enrol/manual).

Re: Which type for my plugin ...

by Baptiste Lhoste -

Hi everybody,

I gave a bad explanation of what I want to do with my plugin. I will try again.

I want to display a link on my frontpage for non-logged visitors. When they click on that link they will see a page with a form.

This form is used to apply to my moodle. Then some logged users (depending on rights) will accept or reject applications.

First I started to create an enrolment plugin but since it is for visitors without account, I think it is not the good type.

I do not think that a authentication plugin is a good solution because I do not want to change the authentication process.

So what type should I use ?

Best regards,

Tistou

by Baptiste Lhoste -

Hi everybody,

In case of someone wants to know what type I finally choose, I created a local plugin.

Best regards,

Tistou

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you want an authentication plugin.

Presumably your plugin will create an account for users who are approved. I would just start with an existing authentication plugin, say email based self registration and make my own plugin from it. Or use the template mentioned here: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Authentication_plugins

Come to think of it have you seen this?

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/auth_emailadmin

This does almost exactly what you want to do doesn't it?

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Baptiste Lhoste -

Hi M. Hunt,

The auth_emailadmin plugin you mentionned does almost what I want to do.

But I do not understand why it is a authentication plugin, because at the end the created account will be based on manual authentication.

I read in the documentation that authentication plugin "Allows connection to external sources of authentication",

I am a bit confused about authentication plugin right now, what I miss ?

Best regards,

Tistou