Do you know of a "page" plugin ?

Do you know of a "page" plugin ?

by Simon Vart -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I want to add some static pages to my Moodle instance - generic pages like FAQ, legals, and other general topics that does not fit on a Course.

Do you know if any plugin could achieve that ? 

Regards,

Simon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Vart

Re: Do you know of a "page" plugin ?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Add Pages to your front page (Add an activity/resource > Page) then you can link those pages into your custom menu if you want, or link them as hyperlinks from wherever else you want to.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Richard,

The only catch to using Activity Modules to create static content pages is that your visitors need to be logged in to be able to see them, even if it means auto-logging in the visitors as a guest. If you don't allow guests, these pages won't be available until visitors login.

Last year, I wrote a light weight "Static CMS" plugin for Moodle which enables you to maintain a number of pages outside of Moodle while still using Moodle to provide the theme. It features:

• A WYSIWYG editor.
  • A page manager with HTML revision control.
  • A  media file manager to manage publicly available files not restricted by Moodle security (example: image, PDF and other files). These files can also be used in courses through repositories. The media manager can also be configured to have restrictions by file type.
  • Over a dozen markup tags to keep things flexible.
  • An HTML email form processor with basic anti-spam technology built-in so that you can create things like "Contact Us" forms.
  • Pages that are accessible whether you are logged-in or not.
  • Multi-language support using Moodle's filtering system.
  • Restricted access - only administrators/managers can manage static content.

The plugin is currently only available through Instrux Media. To learn more about it, feel free to contact them.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

In reply to Michael Milette

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you sure?

I've never had to reset permissions when using pages from the main menu of the front page. As you can see from the screenshot, thats a page its taken from the front page main menu block and I'm not logged in in anyway, even as a guest.

not logged in page access

In reply to Simon Vart

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can create pages from the front page, through the Main Menu block and then just create a label to link to them all.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Simon Vart -

Thank you both, this is very simple to do and does not requires any plugin. Sorry, I had missed that feature !