Glossary content popup with YouTube too small

Glossary content popup with YouTube too small

by Phil Everist -
Number of replies: 4

I am using the Glossary as a means to display youTube videos but the popup window for the glossary entry containing the video when the keyword is clicked is truncated on the right side - is has a white spacing on the left, top and bottom but truncates the right edge of the video where the button to display full screen is located.

Does anyone know how to make the glossary popup description window larger so the video is not truncated?

Moodle 2.7

thanks

Phil 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Phil Everist

Re: Glossary content popup with YouTube too small

by Paula Clough -

Phil,

In what situation are you getting the pop up? Is it a linked word that is clicked on and the definition pops up?  How are you putting in the link for the YouTube video in the description box, as just a link or as an iframe?

In reply to Paula Clough

by Phil Everist -

For each item in the glossary the Definition field has a single space hyperlinked to the YouTube URL

The name of the person in the video is added in the Keyword field so when it's used in the main page with the grid and the name of each person, their name becomes a glossary hyperlink that pops up the window displaying the you tube video. 

In reply to Phil Everist

by Paula Clough -

Phil,

Sorry, I have been looking for information on that popup in the Moodle.org site and haven't been able to find anything.  My sandbox isn't letting me do the auto linking this week for some reason and I haven't had a chance to play with it.

The two things I can think of is that there may be a theme problem which is causing this. If your site allows you to or if you are an admin, you might try a couple of different themes in your course to see if that makes a difference in how the popup shows up. The other thing you might try is embedding the video code into the definition by copying the embed code from share>embed on Youtube and placing it in the html code section <> in the text editor.  This might work better for your popup.  That code has the iframe dimensions in it and you might be able to adjust it a little if it would help.  ( One more: make sure you are not centering your video either, left justify it.)

Maybe someone else has had this problem before and can help better than I.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Following, as I'm having the same exact issue. Granted, I could add height and width dimensions to make the video a bit smaller to fit inside the Glossary pop up window better, but I'd love to see if I could increase the size of the pop up window itself (I'm sure it would require some coding).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)