Newbie ? - What happened?

Newbie ? - What happened?

by Tim Edsell -
Number of replies: 2

v 2.8.1

First time trying to use Glossary to auto-link to text in a Book. 

Earlier today, in my test glossary, I added a few terms and added a picture for each term.  I checked in the Book and the word was highlighted (good!) and when clicked the definition and photo displayed (YAY!)

I deleted the initial entries (and received the msg. about photos being copied-clicked OK) for each test entry.  I created two new entries (one was the same word with the photos I'll be using in production as previous.  The other was a brand new word with the new production photo.)

Now, when I go to the Book/Chapter and click on the highlighted word, the definition appears but the .jpg photo is shown as a link and must be clicked to display.

What happened?  Why is it behaving this way when it worked earlier.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/help!

Attachment Button_msg_no_photo.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Edsell

Re: Newbie ? - What happened?

by Paula Clough -

Tim,

A few of questions that might or might not be relevant.

1. Are you using the attachment feature when putting in the entry or are you putting it into the definition text box, using the link feature on the text tool bar?
  2. When you set up the glossary, what type of glossary did you set up (simple, encyclopedia, etc.)?
  3. I am assuming this glossary is in the same course as the book. Is that true?
In reply to Paula Clough

[SOLVED] Newbie ? - What happened?

by Tim Edsell -

Paula,

Thanks for your questions.  I've revisited this issue and have decided to embed the photo in the text section and not use them as an attachment.  Works much better this way.

Thank you for your feedback!