Moodle Engagement Analytics

Moodle Engagement Analytics

by Gary Harris -
Number of replies: 1
I apologize if this question is posted in the wrong place. If so, please let me know which forum might be more appropriate.

We are looking at using the Moodle Engagement Analytics module, block, and report on a Moodle 2.8 installation. The plugin page says that there is a 2.7 version available. I was wondering if the 2.7 version will work with 2.8, and if not, when will a 2.8 version be available?

Many thanks!

Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Harris

Re: Moodle Engagement Analytics

by Adam Olley -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gary,

Note: I'm one of the developers/maintainers for it.

The plugin should work on 2.7, and has been tested a bit there to verify as such. What currently does not work there is the login indicator (as it relies on the legacy log table).

I've not tested it against Moodle 2.8 yet, I'd expect it would still work on 2.8 much the same as it does in 2.7 (again, with the login indicator not yet working).

Updating the login indicator to work on M2.7+ is on my TODO list. Unfortunately I don't really have a timeline for you for when that will happen just yet.

As with any plugin, I'd recommend testing it on a test instance of moodle first to make sure it works nicely on your specific version (and with any customizations you have).