Path for recorded video , audio file ....Please Help Me

Path for recorded video , audio file ....Please Help Me

by khader vali -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. If not, please let me know.

1.. I was created a page with widget of poodle ( video recorder and audio recorder ) now i want to know the path of the recorded video or audio.

2..  And i want to create a page  or link in the left navigation for list out the students from database  

please help me ....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to khader vali

Re: Path for recorded video , audio file ....Please Help Me

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you want to keep the recordings made with PoodLL you really need to do so in the context of an activity which can save submissions, ie an assignment (OnlinePoodLL Assignment Submission, or a quiz (poodll recording question) or a database activity (PoodLL Database Field).

A page has no save button. So just inserting a widget won't leave the recording anyway. (At least not anywhere that is accessible. ) Although you can insert a recording widget in that way, you would only do so for activities where you didn't care to keep the recording. eg practising speeches.

In reply to khader vali

Re: Path for recorded video , audio file ....Please Help Me

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm. I suppose that didn't exactly answer the question.

PoodLL saves the files using Moodle's file system API. So they go into the draft files area for the activity in question (NB a "page" has no draft files area when it is being viewed). When the activity is saved, the files are moved into the file area for that activity and submission. It is quite complex and you would need to read up on it all here:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/File_API

Unfortunately there is no easy to find location on disk.

As for generating a list of students, I can't answer that in a sentence. It is not really clear what you are trying to do. You should look to see if there is a plugin/report that does what you want.