Multiple graders

Multiple graders

by Takis Takis -
Number of replies: 9

Happy New Year!

I am new to moodle world. I'm trying to make a moodle page. In this moodle I want to have more than one graders for each assignment. I'm using Moodle 2.8
Can you help me to find the way please?
I want to make a plugin or something like this to do the job.
Can I find somewhere any tutorials or ideas for this?

Thank you in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Takis Takis

Re: Multiple graders

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Search on the terms marking allocation e.g. within

https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Assignment_settings

In reply to Marcus Green

by Takis Takis -

Thank you for your advice!

Moodle doesn't allow multiple graders for the same assignment.

That is my problem.

In reply to Takis Takis

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Takis,

Moodle DOES allow multiple graders for the same assignment - but only the LAST grade posted anyone of the graders is the one that gets shown in the gradebook/grading system. In other words, the last teacher to enter a grade, overwrites any other grade already there.

Depending on what you are doing in the "assignment" is there any possibility of doing it in the database, glossary, or forum activities? (Any kind of writing assignment would work great.) Each of those use a rating system that can be set for average of rating, then grades from multiple graders will be averaged into the grade book. The last grade entered by each grader is what is used in the average. In other words, each teacher will have only their last grade used in calculating the average. You also have the advantage of being able to set the rating for maximum, minimum, sum, or count of the ratings.

If, by chance, you are wanting to grade audio and or video, the Podcast addon, also uses the rating system.

One other possibility, have you thought of trying to use the Workshop activity? Even though it uses peer rating, your multiple graders could be added, just not submit anything and rate all the student submissions. You would probably need to use manual allocation for who grades what. I haven't tried this so not absolutely sure it would work exactly like you want.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Takis Takis -

Thanks Al,

I want to have multiple graders for the same assignment, just for better reliability of grading.

So, I want to keep all the assignments, not only the last one.

I can't do this.

Maybe I have to do this with PHP code I guess...

Thanks anyway...

Takis

In reply to Takis Takis

by Eric Strom -

There is an old plugin supporting 2.1

https://docs.moodle.org/21/en/Multiple_Markers

which enabled 2 graders (but unfortunately not more than 2) for assessment. Maybe someone would be willing to take this up for further development.

It would be a wonderful feature request to allow averaging (and even other calculations) of assessments from multiple instructors for the same submission. Applications include adjudication by committee and team-taught classes.

In reply to Eric Strom

by Eric Strom -

Feature request has been made:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-49320

In reply to Eric Strom

by Eric Hagley -

I've voted for this as it would seem an obvious thing to have in an assignment module.

Hope many others also vote for it.

Many thanks,

Eric

In reply to Eric Strom

by Ryan Hazen -

Tracker Item voted for. 

One could use the Workshop module for this. I have my students grade one another using this module. It wouldn't be too hard to set up special roles for the grading process. Personally, I have a situation where I need for assignments to come in at various times and be graded at various times. For example, one could be submitting an assignment while another has already been graded by multiple markers. Workshop would not work in this scenario, since it has to move through separate phases which are triggered manually. Assignment with he capability to collect and display multiple grades and feedback for a submission asynchronously would be ideal. 

In reply to Ryan Hazen

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In the meantime, you can actually use the forum for this (don't tell Michelle!! big grin ).  Students can upload assignments and you can have any number of people rate their post...